Experienced User Education
Before you upgrade from your MiniMed 630G system to your new MiniMed 670G system, there are a few important things that you will need to do.
- You will need to retrieve your settings from your MiniMed 630G insulin pump. You can do this by downloading your device settings report from CareLink, or by capturing your settings using the Settings Form found here.
- There are several new features now available. You can learn more about them in the Experienced User Guide. You can also get more information on your new system, by looking at the basic pump information in the Support section of the Medtronic Diabetes website.
- Be sure that you fully charge your Guardian Link 3 transmitter, insert a battery into your pump and complete the steps to the Startup Wizard.
- The first thing you will see is that the menu structure has changed. To help you navigate through the menus, refer to the menu map located in the download library.
- Next, you will want to set your basal rates and enter in your Bolus Wizard settings. You can find the steps to do so in the quick reference guides or in the support section.
- Before you can link your MiniMed 670G insulin pump to your CONTOUR®NEXT LINK 2.4 meter, you will first need to remove your old MiniMed 630G insulin pump from your meter. Click here for the steps on how to do so.
- When you begin to use CGM on your new MiniMed 670G system, you will need to turn on the sensor feature and link your Guardian Link 3 transmitter to your pump, following the instructions in Experienced User Guide.
- Follow the instructions for inserting your Guardian Sensor 3, and refer to this step-by-step video showing you how to insert and start the sensor.
- When using the MiniMed 670G system, it is important to upload your data to CareLink. For instructions please review the quick reference guide in the download library.