CareLink™ software frequently asked questions
The CareLink™ Personal software is intended for use as a tool to help a person with diabetes manage his/her diabetes. The purpose of this software is to take information transmitted from insulin pumps, blood glucose meters, and continuous glucose monitoring systems to create CareLink™ reports. The reports provide information that can be used to identify trends and track daily activities, for example: carbohydrates consumed, meal times, insulin delivery, and glucose readings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create your account.
- The final step may prompt you for a two-step verification process. This process provides extra protection for your health information. CareLink™ Personal will send an email with a verification code, which you must correctly enter before submitting your registration. Afterwards, when logging in, you may be prompted to do this process in the future. Your valid email address is very important to allow this to work.
Review our list of supported operating systems and browsers.
CareLink™ Personal has a two-factor verification process that provides extra protection for your health information. This security feature prevents others from accessing or using your account.
In order to successfully complete the two-factor verification procedure, you need to:
- Have a valid email address, along with your CareLink™ Personal username and password.
- When prompted, enter the authentication code sent to your email address to access your account.
NOTE: The email address you entered to register will be used for the two-step verification procedure. You can change the email address in the My Profile screen in CareLink™ Personal.
- CONTOUR® NEXT
- CONTOUR® NEXT EZ
- CONTOUR® NEXT LINK
- CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4
- CONTOUR® NEXT USB
- CONTOUR® NEXT ONE
- CONTOUR® PLUS LINK 2.4
- CONTOUR® USB
- CONTOUR® XT
- Freestyle® Lite
- Freestyle® Freedom Lite
- OneTouch® Ultra™
- OneTouch® Ultra® 2
- OneTouch® UltraLink®
- OneTouch® UltraSmart®
- OneTouch® UltraEasy®
- OneTouch® UltraMini®
- OneTouch® Verio IQ™
- OneTouch® VerioVue
- Accu-Chek® Aviva
- Accu-Chek® Nano
Insulin Pumps (NOTE: Listed pumps may not be available/approved in every geography)
- MiniMed™ 780G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 770G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 740G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 720G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 700 insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 620G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 630G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ 670G insulin pump
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ 515/715 insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ 522/722 insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ 522K/722K insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ 523/723 insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ 523K/723K insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ 530G insulin pumps
- MiniMed™ Paradigm™ Veo 554/754 insulin pumps
Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices
- Guardian™ Connect system
- Guardian™ 4 system
If uploading data from a pump, you will need one of the following:
- A white CareLink™ USB device for the MiniMed™ Paradigm™ pump systems or a black CareLink™ USB for MiniMed™ 600 series pump systems
- NOTE: The white CareLink™ USB used with MiniMed™ Paradigm™ pump systems is not compatible with Mac® operating systems. On Mac®, you should use the Ascensia CONTOUR® NEXT LINK meter.
- Ascensia CONTOUR® NEXT LINK for MiniMed™ Paradigm™ systems
- Ascensia CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 or CONTOUR® PLUS LINK 2.4 for MiniMed™ 600 series systems
- MiniMed™ Mobile app for MiniMed™ 700 series pump systems
- Blue Adapter device for MiniMed™ 700 series pump systems
If uploading data from a meter, you may need:
- Manufacturer supplied meter cables
- You will use an uploader application to upload data from your device. You will see a button labeled “Upload Now” on the Home screen. To use this, you must first download and install the application. Follow the directions on the screens to complete the installation. Review the Install Guide for more information.
- After installing the uploader, when you click “Upload Now”, the uploader will open. Next, follow the directions on the screens to first add your device and then upload data from your device. Review the Upload Guide for more information.
- For MiniMed™ 600 series pump systems, please cancel or finish any temp basals or active boluses and clear any active alarms. It is important to ensure the pump is locked or is displaying the home screen. Depending on the pump model, the pump may be suspended for reading. Once the read is complete, please verify the pump has resumed delivery if it was suspended. If for some reason the pump does not resume delivery after upload, the pump will beep or vibrate every 15 minutes on the hour to remind you that it is not delivering insulin.
- For MiniMed™ 700 series pump systems, you can upload data from your pump even if temp basals or active boluses are in delivery.
- For additional troubleshooting, please refer to CareLink™ personal page
Contact the 24-Hour Technical Support helpline.
A “Forgot password?” link is available on the home page. You must enter your username, email address, and verify the ReCaptcha to submit a password reset request. After successfully submitting your request, an email will be sent to the email address on file with a link to reset your password.
If you have issues with the “Forgot password?” process, you may contact your local Medtronic Customer Support helpline.
You may need to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker. Please refer to each specific browser’s pop-up blocker instructions for proper operation. Some suggested resources are below.
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri40696/mac
- For Microsoft Edge Chromium: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge-1d8ba4f8-f385-9a0b-e944-aa47339b6bb5
- For Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
- Call your local Medtronic 24-hour technical support if the problem persists.