Calibrating Your Sensor
Calibrating Your Sensor
Device: MiniMed™ 670G insulin pump (MMT-1780K)
To calibrate, you must use a blood glucose reading from your BG meter and enter that value into your pump. The pump will accept BG meter readings between 40 mg/dL and 400 mg/dL. Your CGM system requires BG meter readings in order to provide you with SG readings. CGM does not eliminate the need for BG meter testing and calibrations are essential for optimal performance from your CGM system.
After inserting a new sensor, a calibration is needed:
- Within 2 hours after you connect the transmitter to your sensor and start the Warm up period. Your pump will notify you with a Calibrate now alert when it is ready for its first calibration.
- Again within 6 hours (first day of inserting sensor only).
- Again every 12 hours.
- When the system detects that a calibration is needed for optimal performance.
Approximately two hours after starting a new sensor or any other a calibration is necessary, you will receive a “Calibrate now” alert.
If you cannot calibrate right way, for example, if you will be driving or in a meeting, you can set the Snooze to remind you to calibrate in the time that you set. You can change the time if you desire, and press Select.
You may also receive additional Calibrate now alerts to let you know that another calibration is required to improve performance. When the Calibrate now alert appears, the system stops calculating SG values until a calibration BG is successfully entered.
Calibrating the Sensor
There are several different ways that you can enter a BG reading to calibrate the sensor.
Using a linked meter:
1. Check the BG using a linked meter.
2. On your pump, select Yes to confirm the BG meter reading.
If you do not believe the BG meter reading to be accurate, do not confirm now. Select No, wash your hands, and re-test your BG.
3. Select Calibrate Sensor to calibrate using the BG value.
4. Select Done.
Using the Enter BG feature:
1. Press Select.
2. Select Enter BG.
3. Select Enter BG.
4. Press Up or Down to enter your BG reading and press Select.
5. Select Save.
Once you have entered a calibration, the Home screen will show you that the system is calibrating. You will start seeing sensor glucose readings again in about 10-15 minutes.
NOTE: If you notice a large difference between your BG meter reading and sensor glucose readings, wash your hands and do another BG fingerstick test to help ensure a more accurate reading. Also check the sensor site and make sure the sensor overtape is holding the sensor in place. If it is not, you will need to remove the sensor and insert a new one.
You can use the Calibration Reminder to give you notice before the next calibration is necessary. For example, if you calibrated at 7:00A your next calibration would be due at 7:00P (12 hours later). If your reminder is set for 4 hours, you would receive a Calibration Reminder at 3:00P which is 4 hours before the calibration is due. This can help ensure you calibrate 3-4 times a day. The Calibration Reminder defaults On with a reminder time of 1:00 hour.
To change the Calibration Reminder:
1. Press Select, select Options, select Reminders, and select Calibration.
2. Select Reminder to turn the reminder on or off.
3. If you turn on the reminder, select Time and enter a time between 5 minutes and 6 hours.
4. Select Save.