Guardian™ Connect System FAQs
Guardian™ Connect System FAQs
The Guardian™ Connect Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system is the first CGM system from Medtronic designed from the ground up to help serve the needs of patients on multiple daily insulin injections. Leveraging both modern mobile technology and the latest advances from Medtronic, the Guardian™ Connect CGM provides a smarter way to not just manage your diabetes but outsmart it.
Guardian™ Connect system users can:
- See current glucose levels and trends, right on their smartphone, at any time
- Get alerts – including predictive alerts up to 60 minutes in advance – of high and low glucose events
- Connect with care partners and HCPs via the CareLink™ system platform, to enable care partner remote monitoring and HCP therapy optimization
- Access the Sugar.IQ™ diabetes assistant app
Guardian™ Connect CGM is the only Smart CGM system that helps you outsmart both highs and lows. Using smart technology to predict where your glucose levels are headed, the system can alert you from 10 to 60 minutes before a high or low.
Exclusively available to patients using the Guardian™ Connect system, the Sugar.IQ™ diabetes assistant app (only available on iOS) will use IBM Watson™ technology to continually analyze how glucose levels react to food, exercise and insulin. Together, the Guardian™ Connect system and the Sugar.IQ™ diabetes assistant will turn hidden patterns into personalized insights that help patients make smarter diabetes decisions.
The Guardian™ Connect system is currently indicated for use in patients age 14-75. We are working to bring it to additional pediatric patients in the near future.
The Guardian™ Connect CGM allows you to track your sensor glucose trends in real-time on your mobile phone. The Guardian™ Connect app will also alert you up to 60 minutes in advance of a high or low, and with the best hypoglycemia detection rate of CGM apps. With this better information, you can take action to help avoid highs and lows.
In the U.S., patients will need a prescription from their physician for the Guardian™ Connect system. (While anyone can download the Guardian™ Connect app, it will not function without being paired to a transmitter.)
We work with more than 600 insurers nationwide and can often help with the process and paperwork. The inside sales team will collect insurance coverage information from patients, and will work with other teams within Medtronic to check coverage and calculate patient out of pocket costs. Fill out the interest form and we can follow with to discuss your insurance coverage.
iOS: 11.4, 11.4.1, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3, 12.4, 13.0, 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.5.1 *NEW*
- iPhone 5s, 6, 6 plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE (2016 1st Generation), 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE (2nd Generation)
- iPod Touch 6th Generation, 7th Generation
- iPad 5, 6
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, and Mini 4
- iPad Pro (9.7”), Pro (10.5”), Pro (12.9”), Pro 2 (12.9”)
iOS: 11.4, 11.4.1, 12.0
- iPhone 6, 6S, 6 plus, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X
An Android version of the Guardian™ Connect CGM will be available this summer—fill out the interest form and indicate that you are an Android user, we will notify you as soon as it is available!
 Based on sensor glucose levels of 70 mg/dl, with 15 minute combination of threshold and predictive alerts on GS3 v Dexcom IFU, Table 5. Hypoglycemic Alert Evaluation and Guardian™ Connect SSED