Pump: MiniMed Paradigm Models, MiniMed Revel and MiniMed 530G system
It’s just not reasonable to expect one max bolus amount to work for every meal and every day. Some days, you may need a larger single bolus. Other days, your needs may be much smaller. The factory setting is 10 units, but this can be altered if you need more. I’ll be honest, the only time the Max bolus amount gets in my way is when I go out to eat Chinese food…heehee!
Your max bolus rate can go up to 25 units in a single bolus depending on your needs, and it can also go lower than 10 units for those times when you need a smaller amount. Talk to your doctor about this setting if you feel you need to change the default setting to suit your personal insulin needs. Here are the steps:
Go to the MAX BOLUS SETUP screen.
- For MiniMed 530G (551/751), Revel (523/723)
Main Menu > Bolus > Bolus Setup > Max Bolus
- For 522/722, 515/715, 512/712
Main Menu > Bolus > Max Bolus
Set your Max bolus limit and press ACT. To accept the set Max bolus limit, press ACT. To change this limit, press ESC, and then set a lower Max bolus limit.
Your Max bolus is set. Exit the menus.
For more information about changing your Max bolus amount visit our website.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
– Medtronic Diabetes insulin infusion pumps, continuous glucose monitoring systems and associated components are limited to sale by or on the order of a physician and should only be used under the direction of a healthcare professional familiar with the risks associated with the use of these systems.
– Successful operation of the insulin infusion pumps and/or continuous glucose monitoring systems requires adequate vision and hearing to recognize alerts and alarms.
Medtronic Diabetes Insulin Infusion Pumps
– Insulin pump therapy is not recommended for individuals who are unable or unwilling to perform a minimum of four blood glucose tests per day.
– Insulin pumps use rapid-acting insulin. If your insulin delivery is interrupted for any reason, you must be prepared to replace the missed insulin immediately.
, bolus amount
, insulin dose
, insulin pump
, pump tip