CareLink™ Connect app training
For care partners, this app helps keep everyone in the loop. Up to five people can now follow a person using an insulin pump and receive high and low notifications.
Overview & start-up
- When using the MiniMed™ Mobile app, up to five care partners can view and receive alerts through the CareLink™ Connect app
- User needs to manually provide CareLink™ Personal username to care partners
- Must accept care partner request to follow (will appear in CareLink™ account once care partner sets up app)
- Securely view glucose levels, graphs, trends, and high or low glucose alerts anywhere, for greater peace of mind
- Ability to view pump data
- Be more informed and supportive, without being intrusive
- Available for either iOS and Android™ platforms
- Informed of alerts and notifications
- Ability to follow up to 5 Medtronic customers
Care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app from the Apple App Store® or Google Play™ store.
The app will guide the care partner through start-up screens which give an introduction on app features.
A dosing disclaimer warning must be acknowledged and a Secure Screen lock must be set up during initial App start up.
Next, the care partner must send a follow request by inputting the username of the CareLink™ Personal account (provided by pump user). The pump user must accept this request within 24 hours in their CareLink™ account.
Overview of screens
Time in range
- Notifications should occur when app is in foreground or background
- If notifications are not received by care partner:
- Ensure app is open (not force closed)
- Ensure notifications are set up correctly in app
- Tap on the Gear Icon
- Tap the alert category
- Choose which to receive and whether a delay is desired
- Check phone setting to ensure notifications for the app are turned on
Some CareLink™ Connect app notifications can be set to repeat.
If there is a or icon next to a notification type, it can be triggered by tapping to set repeat notifications off/on.
If on and you receive a notification, it will repeat until the app is opened.
Sounds for repeat notifications can also be personalized. Go to Patient Settings and then Repeat Notification Settings to choose what alert sound you would like.
Notifications will sound for 30 seconds and repeat every 60 seconds when set to repeat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Adding a care partner is initiated in the CareLink™ Connect app. Once care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app, they will be prompted to create a CareLink™ account in the app, which will redirect to the CareLink™ website to complete the setup process. Once the account is created, they can click “Request to follow” and enter the pump user’s CareLink™ account username, then click “Send request.” The MiniMed™ Mobile user will have 24-hours to accept the request.
- A User Guide is also imbedded in the app and can accessed by tapping Menu, and then the Help section.
A care partner can follow up to 5 people on the MiniMed™ Mobile app.
Care partners can receive any of the notifications that the MiniMed™ Mobile app user has turned on in the pump by having that particular notification turned on in the CareLink™ Connect app. Care partners can choose to receive less notifications if desired.
To view up-to-date data, the CareLink™ Connect app user must be logged in and have internet connection on their phone. In addition, the MiniMed™ Mobile app user must have:
- Their pump and phone in range (about 20 feet)
- Their phone connected to internet access
- Sync to CareLink™ feature on
- Be logged into CareLink personal on the app
The CareLink™ Connect app Home screen will indicate when data was last uploaded.
Yes, care partners can adjust notifications and alarms in the CareLink™ Connect app. Also, depending on the phone's operating system, customers can control how they appear.
System support User guides and manuals