CareLink™ Connect app training
For care partners, this app helps keep everyone in the loop. Up to five people can now follow a person using an insulin pump and receive high and low notifications.
How to download & install the app
Download via Apple App Store for iOS compatible phones and at Google Play for Android compatible phones.
Overview & start-up
- When using the MiniMed™ Mobile app, up to five care partners can view and receive alerts through the CareLink™ Connect app
- User needs to manually provide CareLink™ Personal username to care partners
- Must accept care partner request to follow (will appear in CareLink™ account once care partner sets up app)
- Securely view glucose levels, graphs, trends, and high or low glucose alerts anywhere, for greater peace of mind
- Ability to view pump data
- Be more informed and supportive, without being intrusive
- Available for either iOS and Android™ platforms
- Informed of alerts and notifications
- Ability to follow up to 5 Medtronic customers
Care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app from the Apple App Store® or Google Play™ store.
The app will guide the care partner through start-up screens which give an introduction on app features.
A dosing disclaimer warning must be acknowledged and a Secure Screen lock must be set up during initial App start up.
Next, the care partner must send a follow request by inputting the username of the CareLink™ Personal account (provided by pump user). The pump user must accept this request within 24 hours in their CareLink™ account.
Overview of screens
Time in range
- Notifications should occur when app is in foreground or background
- If notifications are not received by care partner:
- Ensure app is open (not force closed)
- Ensure notifications are set up correctly in app
- Tap on the Gear Icon
- Tap the alert category
- Choose which to receive and whether a delay is desired
- Check phone setting to ensure notifications for the app are turned on
Integration with CareLink™ software
For the CareLink™ Connect app to receive notifications and data:
- Be within 20 feet (6 meters) of the pump
- Have internet connection
- Be logged in CareLink™ Personal
- Have Sync to CareLink™ option turned on
- Have internet connection
- Be logged into CareLink™ Personal
Notifications appear when the MiniMed™ Mobile app:
- Is too far away from pump
- Has no internet connection
- Is logged out of CareLink™ Personal
- Has the Sync to CareLink™ feature off
Most recent data appears for 15 min
- No banner appears
After 15 minutes, data fields are dashed
- banner appears
No data message
Frequently Asked Questions
- Adding a care partner is initiated in the CareLink™ Connect app. Once care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app, they will be prompted to create a CareLink™ account in the app, which will redirect to the CareLink™ website to complete the setup process. Once the account is created, they can click “Request to follow” and enter the pump user’s CareLink™ account username, then click “Send request.” The MiniMed™ Mobile user will have 24-hours to accept the request.
- A User Guide is also imbedded in the app and can accessed by tapping Menu, and then the Help section.
A care partner can follow up to 5 people on the MiniMed™ Mobile app.
Care partners can receive any of the notifications that the MiniMed™ Mobile app user has turned on in the pump by having that particular notification turned on in the CareLink™ Connect app. Care partners can choose to receive less notifications if desired.
To view up-to-date data, the CareLink™ Connect app user must be logged in and have internet connection on their phone. In addition, the MiniMed™ Mobile app user must have:
- Their pump and phone in range (about 20 feet)
- Their phone connected to internet access
- Sync to CareLink™ feature on
- Be logged into CareLink personal on the app
The CareLink™ Connect app Home screen will indicate when data was last uploaded.
Yes, care partners can adjust notifications and alarms in the CareLink™ Connect app. Also, depending on the phone's operating system, customers can control how they appear.