Discontinuation of Sof-sensor® Glucose Sensor
Notice: Product Discontinuation
This notification is to inform you that as of December 1, 2015, the Sof-sensor glucose sensor will be discontinued. Please note that this discontinuation does not concern the safety or performance of Sof-sensor.
As of December 1, 2015, we will no longer sell a CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) sensor approved for use with the following products:
- Paradigm® REAL-Time insulin pump
- Paradigm® REAL-Time Revel™ insulin pump
- Guardian® REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
Please note that although Medtronic will no longer be able to provide Sof-sensor after December 1, 2015, a Paradigm pump can continue to be used as a standalone insulin pump. Our 24-Hour HelpLine team will also continue to provide technical support for Sof-sensor for as long as needed.
Sof-sensor customers are some of our most loyal and appreciated patrons, and we know that CGM is an important part of their diabetes management. In an effort to make the transition as easy as possible, we are offering no out of pocket cost conversion programs to our latest insulin pump and CGM technology, MiniMed® 530G with Enlite®1.
If you are currently using Sof-sensor, we wish to offer our support and guidance during this transition:
- Please reach out to your healthcare provider to discuss your options. We have already notified endocrinologists and diabetologists about this discontinuation.
- You may continue to use Sof-sensor while your supplies last. A customer care representative will be reaching out to you in the coming days to check up on your remaining sensor supply, and to provide you with details on the upgrade to MiniMed 530G with Enlite at no cost to you. For more information on the benefits of MiniMed 530G with Enlite, visit: www.medtronicdiabetes.com/MM530G.
- Should you have any other questions or concerns, please call our 24-Hour HelpLine at 1.800.646.4633 Option 1.
Please know we did not reach the decision to discontinue Sof-sensor easily. As we prepare to pave the way for new products with improved therapeutic benefit, we must ensure only our most advanced CGM sensor technology remains on the market. As a result, we have found it necessary to discontinue Sof-sensor, our oldest CGM sensor.
We value your loyalty and commitment to Medtronic. We are committed to fully supporting Sof-sensor customers during this transition.
At your service,
1 MiniMed 530G with Enlite approved for ages 16 and older; not indicated for use with people who are pregnant or on dialysis.