Device: MiniMed™ 770G Insulin Pump
High Sensor Glucose (SG) Settings alert you when your SG:
- is rising rapidly (Rise Alert)
- is approaching your high limit (Alert before high)
- has reached your high limit (Alert on high)
Remember, the Sensor feature must be turned On before you can set any High settings.
Your high limit is the value your other high SG settings are based on. Your high limit can be set from 100 to 400 mg/dL.
You can set a different high limit for up to eight time segments throughout the day or night.
Your high limit is not the same as your glucose target. Your healthcare professional will help you determine the setting that is appropriate for you.
Alert before high
When Alert before high is on, the pump alert tells you any time the SG is predicted to reach the high limit. This makes you aware of potential highs before they occur.
Time before High
Time before high is only available when using Alert before high. Time before high determines when you will receive an Alert before high.
You can set a time between 5 and 30 minutes.
Alert on high
When Alert on high is on, you will receive an alert any time your sensor glucose reaches or exceeds your high limit. This allows you to evaluate and treat if necessary as instructed by your healthcare professional.
The Rise Alert will notify you when your sensor glucose is rising rapidly. This alert helps you understand how your sensor glucose values are affected by things such as eating meals or when forgetting to give a bolus.
- ↑ - SG is rising at a rate of 1 mg/dL per minute or more
- ↑↑- SG is rising at a rate of 2 mg/dL per minute or more
- ↑↑↑ - SG is rising at a rate of 3 mg/dL per minute or more
- Custom – SG is rising at the rate that you set, from 1.0 to 5.0 mg/dL per minute
The Rise Limit determines when you will receive a Rise Alert. Rise Limit is only available when using the Rise Alert.
High Snooze is available once you have set your High Settings. High Snooze allows you to set the amount of time that you want to wait before you are reminded that an alert condition still exists. After a high alert is received and cleared, you will be alerted again only if the high alert condition still exists after the snooze time you have set.
Setting up your High Settings:
Press Select, select Options, select SmartGuard, and select High Setup.
Select the time segment. The End time will start flashing.The Start time of the first time segment is always 12:00 A. You can set up to eight time segments, each with a different high limit. If you set more than one time segment, the time segments must cover a 24-hour period.
- Set the End time.
- Set your High limit. You can enter a value from 100 to 400 mg/dL, in increments of 5 mg/dL.
Select the arrow to the right of the End time to select the high alerts for this time segment.
A screen appears showing the high alerts for the selected time segment.
Select Alert before high if you want to receive an alert before you reach your high limit.
If you turned on Alert before high, enter the Time before high to set how soon you want to be alerted before reaching your high limit.
You can enter a value from 5 to 30 minutes. Use the arrows to adjust the time and press Select.
- Select Alert on high if you want an alert when you reach your high limit.
- Select Rise Alert if you want to receive an alert when your SG is rising quickly.
If you turned on the Rise Alert, you need to set the Rise Limit. Scroll down and select Rise Limit to access this option. You can choose any of the three preset rise rates or set a custom rise rate for your alert. Select the limit you want to use.
- Select OK.
- After you set all the high SG settings for the selected time segment, select Next to continue. If you have more than one high limit, continue to set the limits and settings you would like to use.
- If you entered an End time of anything other than 12:00 A, another time segment appears. After you enter the high SG settings, select Done.
Review your High Setup and select Save.
Edit your High Settings:
- Press Select, select Options, select SmartGuard, and select High Setup.
Select Edit to change the settings for the current High Setup.
Select and adjust the time segment you want to change.
- Select any alert setting to turn it on or off or to adjust the setting.
- Select Next, and then select Done.
- Review your settings, and select Save.