Setting Your Dual Wave® Bolus
Device: MiniMed® 630G insulin pump (MMT-1715K)
A Dual Wave Bolus delivers a combination of an immediate Normal bolus followed by a Square Wave bolus. You might use a Dual Wave bolus when you eat meals that are high in both carbs and fat which may delay digestion, or when your meal bolus is combined with a correction bolus for a high BG.
The Dual Wave bolus delivery option is available only after you turn on the Dual Wave feature.
To turn on or off the Dual Wave feature:
1. Select Menu.
2. Select Insulin Settings.
3. Select Dual/Square Wave.
4. Select Dual Wave to turn the feature on or off.
5. Select Save.
To deliver a Dual Wave bolus with the Bolus Wizard feature:
1. From the Home screen select Bolus.
2. Select Bolus Wizard.
3. If you are not using a wireless connected compatible meter, you can select BG to manually enter your BG meter reading.
4. For a food bolus, select Carbs to enter the carb count of your meal.
5. Review your calculated Bolus amount. If you want to change the amount select Bolus and make your desired change.
6. Select Next to review your bolus information.
7. Select Dual. The Bolus Wizard screen appears, with the food amount split evenly between the Now and Square portions.
8. To change the amounts, if needed, select the Now value and press up or down to the desired amount. When you adjust the Now amount, the Square amount adjusts automatically.
9. Adjust the Duration for the delivery of the Square Wave portion to be delivered. The duration can be from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
10. Select Deliver Bolus to start your bolus.
During a Dual Wave delivery, the Home screen shows the progress of the Now portion of your delivery. When the Now portion is complete, the pump will return to the Home screen and the Bolus button on your Home screen appears as Bolus (D). You can select Bolus (D) to stop the bolus, to see details on the amount of bolus insulin delivered, or to access the Bolus menu. A Dual Wave bolus can also be delivered as a Manual Bolus.