MiniMed 630G System Support
Basal Pattern with Multiple Basal Rates
Device: MiniMed® 630G insulin pump (MMT-1715K)
A Basal Pattern is a set of one or more basal rates that cover a 24-hour period. It determines the amount of insulin you receive per hour throughout the day and night. A Basal Pattern allows you to vary your basal rate according to your needs. You can set up to eight basal patterns. To complete a Basal Pattern, basal rates must be set from 12:00A to 12:00A.
Your healthcare professional will determine what rates are right for you.
To set your first Basal Pattern that contains multiple basal rates:
1. Press right to Basal and press select.
2. Press down to Insulin Settings and press select.
3. Press down to Basal Pattern Setup and press select.
4. Select Basal 1.
5. Select Options.
6. Select Edit.
7. Select the time segment. The End time will be flashing.
8. Scroll to set the time your first basal rate will end, which will become the time the second basal rate begins, such as 8:00A, and press select.
9. Scroll to the correct U/hr and press select.
10. When the second time segment becomes available, press select to edit the End time of the second segment.
11. Scroll to the correct U/hr and press select.
12. Continue this process until the entire 24 hour period is completed. The End time of the final segment must be 12:00A to complete the pattern.
13. Select Done.
14. If necessary, press down to view all basal rates. Verify that the basal pattern is entered correctly. Make sure the 24 hr Total is accurate.
15. Select Save.