Selecting the Best Infusion Set Site
Locations for Inserting Infusion Sets
Shown here are the best body areas (shaded) for infusion set insertion.
Note: Work with your healthcare provider to determine the sites that will work best for you.
Infusion Set Insertion Site Guidelines
Avoid inserting the infusion set:
- Into the 2-inch (5.0 cm) area around your belly button
- Where your body naturally bends a great deal
- In areas where clothing might cause irritation (for example your beltline)
- Where you have scarred or hardened tissue or stretch marks
Your infusion sites should be at least:
- 2 inches (5.0 cm) away from your sensor site
- 2 inches (5.0 cm) away from your belly button
- 3 inches (7.5 cm) away from the previous site