After logging into CareLink Personal, should you see any of the following error screens after clicking the "Upload" tab or "Upload Data from My Device" link, you may have one or more of these potential issues.
Java plug-in not working due to the following:
- An older version of Java (Version 5 or earlier)
- Multiple Java plug-in versions installed
- Java disabled
- Restricted browser security settings
|Problem: Java Plug-in not Working as Expected
||What to do
Blank Upload Section
"Error" MessageClick Here to Enlarge
“Activate Java Applet” Message
"Missing Plug-in" MessageClick Here to Enlarge
"Java Plug-in Blocked" MessageClick Here to Enlarge
An older version of Java (Version 5 or earlier)
Multiple Java plug-in versions installed
|Obtaining and Enabling Java
- For Windows OS, remove all versions of Java you may have already installed. Mac OS should proceed to step 2. (This ensures you clear multiple versions as well as outdated versions.)
- Download Java for your Operating System. Mac 10.8 version and above may download Java online.
- Ensure that Java is enabled through the browser or control panel, when you log on to CareLink Personal.
- Test whether Java is working.
IMPORTANT: If your computer is running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 operating system, there are some additional steps the first time you are going to upload. If you are unsure what operating system you have, from your computer desktop:
• Right click on the My Computer or Computer icon
• In the window that pops up, left click on Properties
- Return to the CareLink site to attempt upload once Java is confirmed as working.
|Restricted browser security settings
||If You Have Already Installed the Latest Java
If you have downloaded and installed Java Plug-in, restart the browser and then log in to CareLink Personal. If you still do not see the Upload window, you may need to change the security settings or activate the Java Plug-in for your browser.
For Internet Explorer 11:
- Check for a security dialog box, typically displayed at the bottom of the web browser window
- Click the "Run control" button
For Safari 6.1 and higher on Mac OS:
- First enable the Java plug-in:
- Click the "Java blocked for this website" link on the screen.
- In the displayed dialog box, click "Trust"
- In the newly displayed dialog box, select "Run" to load the Java applet
- Then change the browser security settings:
- From the Safari menu, select "Preferences" and then click "Security"
- On the "Security" tab, select "Allow Plug-ins" and click "Manage Website Settings..."
- From the list of available plug-ins, select "Java"
- From the list of web sites displayed for the Java plug-in, click the dropdown next to CareLink Personal URL and select "Run in Unsafe Mode"
- Click the "Done" button to apply the new settings
- Restart the browser
For Firefox 25:
- If you are using Mac OS, from the "Tools" menu, select "Add-ons", and then click "Plugins"
If you are using Windows, from the "Firefox" menu, select "Add-ons", and then click "Plugins"
- For the Java Plugin option, select "Ask to Activate" from the drop-down list
- Restart the browser
For Firefox 26 and higher:
- Click the "Activate Java Platform" link on the applet
- In the displayed pop-up message, click "Allow and Remember"
- In the displayed dialog box, select "Run" to load the Java applet