Today we’re sharing some great news for people with diabetes, and their care partners and healthcare teams: we’ve receive FDA clearance of MiniMed Connect! This is the first product to allow people with diabetes to discreetly and conveniently view their insulin pump and CGM data on a smartphone.
MiniMed Connect also provides remote monitoring and text notifications for loved ones and more convenient access to more comprehensive data for healthcare teams. Many of you – whether you’re a person with diabetes, a d-mom, d-dad or other care partner – have told us how important it is for you to have remote access and notifications to your diabetes data. This is why we’re so thrilled to share this news with you today.Designed to provide a mobile connection to your critical diabetes information, MiniMed Connect is compatible with the MiniMed 530G system and MiniMed Revel system. It consists of three parts:
- A small uploader which easily fits on a keychain or in a pocket
- A smartphone app for the person with diabetes
- A web display on desktop or mobile devices for care partners
For People with Diabetes
A mobile phone app that shows important insulin pump and CGM information, including:
- Current sensor glucose reading with high and low limits, shown on a graph (3, 6, 12, and 24-hour views)
- Time to next calibration
- Sensor Life
- Active Insulin
- Reservoir Volume
- Pump Battery
- Uploader Battery
- System Connectivity
For Loved Ones and Care Partners
- Real-time sensor glucose values through a new “Connect” tab in CareLink, which can be accessed from most smartphones, tablets, or computers at any time (as long as they have Internet connectivity)
- Preset text notifications delivered to your phone when the person with diabetes’ sensor glucose values go too high or too low, or when an alarm on the pump isn’t cleared, providing you with peace of mind
For Your Healthcare Team
- More convenient access to more comprehensive patient data so they can adjust care plans
- With your permission, your healthcare team can access:
- Real-time sensor glucose information
- Daily uploads of historical pump data
Even better news is that this is just the beginning. MiniMed Connect is the latest example of how we are moving beyond pumps and sensors to offer more convenient and discrete diabetes management options for people with diabetes, care partners, and healthcare providers to make managing diabetes easier. With MiniMed Connect, an entire support team can have access to critical diabetes data to inform the decisions that will help people with diabetes have better outcomes to achieve greater freedom and better health.
MiniMed Connect smartphone app will initially be available with iOS mobile devices. In addition, Samsung is working with us to develop apps for Android for an optimal experience on Samsung mobile devices. We expect to be ready to ship MiniMed Connect this Fall.Visit www.medtronicdiabetes.com/minimed-connect to sign up to be among the first to receive notifications when the product is available.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about MiniMed Connect! As always, we would like to hear what you think so be sure to tell us in the comments!
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
MiniMed Connect is intended to provide a secondary display of CGM and insulin pump information on a suitable consumer electronic device to care partners and users of a MiniMed 530G system or Paradigm REAL-Time Revel system for the purposes of passive monitoring.
MiniMed Connect is not intended to replace the primary display of continuous glucose monitoring and insulin pump information on the primary display device. All therapy decisions should be based on blood glucose measurements obtained from a blood glucose meter. MiniMed Connect is not intended to receive information directly from the sensor or transmitter of the sensor-augmented pump system.
, continuous glucose monitoring
, diabetes data
, insulin pump
, MiniMed 530G
, MiniMed Connect
, MiniMed Revel