Halloween is almost here – that time of year to get creative and don your favorite costume. But if you’re an all-year-round diabetes superhero and wear an insulin pump or CGM, how does that fit into your October 31st ensemble?
Here at the LOOP, we want to see your best Halloween get-up – whether your pump or CGM is creatively hidden away or part of the outfit. Are you Betty Draper with your pump transformed to a stylish 60’s clutch? Or did you find a way to strategically hide your Guardian in some superhero tights?
So…we want to hear from you! Send us your best Halloween costume pics and you could win a $100 Visa Gift Card or other prizes. We’ll also feature the winning photos right here on The LOOP!
Contest rules and guidelines:
Send us a brief summary (up to 300 words) on how you incorporated your insulin pump or CGM into your costume.
- Submit 1-2 pictures of you in your Halloween costume (try to show us your pump/CGM or let us know where it’s hidden).
- Have all entries submitted to email@example.com by October 31, 2011.
- The top 3 entries will be chosen and featured on The LOOP in November (for this reason, costumes must be, let’s say, “family friendly”)
- The first place winner will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card and second place will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card. In addition, first, second and third place winners will receive a copy of Maggie Hunts’ inspirational book about living with diabetes, “It’s a Sweet Life Now”.
- There are no age restrictions on the contest.
- Judging will be conducted by the The LOOP blog editorial staff.
- All winners will be asked to sign an information release / waiver, so that we have your permission to share your photos on The LOOP.
Tags: continuous glucose monitoring
, insulin pump