CareLink Software Support
Supported Systems on a Personal Computer
To access CareLink™ software, you will need a computer with the following settings.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8 or 8.1 or 10, or a Mac® OS® computer running 10.12 or 10.13.
- A reliable Internet connection with Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 10 or 11 (32-bit and 64-bit), Apple® Safari® 8, 9, or 10, or Mozilla® Firefox® 38 or greater is needed.
Note: On Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, from the Start screen, click the Desktop tile and make sure you are viewing the desktop before you open your browser. On Windows only: Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 10 and 11, 32-bit and 64-bit- Mozilla® Firefox® 38.
- Adobe® Reader™ version 7.0 or greater to view PDF files
- The Medtronic CareLink™ uploader program installed, see instructions here or Java™ 7 Update 51 Plug-in or greater
- A connectivity device, such as a CONTOUR®NEXT LINK blood glucose (BG) meter, CONTOUR®NEXT LINK 2.4 BG meter, or a CareLink™ USB Device
Note: When future software updates become available on your Windows or Mac computer, we recommend checking to make sure that it’s compatible with the current version of CareLink™ Personal software before downloading it to your computer. This may mean that you will need to postpone updates for a few months to continue to use CareLink™ software. We realize this is an inconvenience, however due to our development and test process, this is our best guidance.