MiniMed 630G System Support
Adding an Additional Basal Pattern
Device: MiniMed® 630G insulin pump (MMT-1715K)
Your basal pattern determines the amount of basal insulin you receive throughout the day and night. Because your basal insulin needs can vary, you can set up to eight basal patterns. For example, you might use one basal pattern during the week and a different basal pattern during the weekend. In addition to the 5 basal patterns, you also have 3 additional labels you can use for your basal patterns - Day Off, Sick Day and Work Day.
To add a New Basal Pattern:
1. Press right to Basal and press select.
2. Press down to Insulin Settings and press select.
3. Press down to Basal Pattern Setup and press select.
4. Press down to select Add New.
5. Select a name from the list.
6. Select the time segment. The End time will be flashing.
7. Scroll to the desired End time and press select.
8. Scroll to the correct U/hr and press select.
9. Continue this process until the entire 24 hour period is completed. The End time of the final segment must be 12:00A to complete the pattern.
10. Select Done.
11. Verify that the basal pattern is entered correctly. Make sure the 24 hr Total is accurate.
12. Select Save.