Setting Up Your mySentry
Note: It is recommended that you place the pump, monitor, and outpost in one location during the setup process and that you not move any component until they are linked. After the components are successfully linked, you can move them to their permanent locations.
Note: If you will not be using the Outpost for your home set up, you may not need to perform this task.
Do not move the pump or monitor during this process.
- Place the outpost within 6 feet (1.8 meters) of the monitor. Do not plug in the outpost until directed to do so.
- From the Main Menu, go to the Link to Outpost screen:
Main Menu > Go to Utilities Menu > Link to Outpost
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
The outpost flashes slowly during the linking process, which takes approximately 2 minutes to complete. After the linking process is complete, the outpost stays lit. If the linking process fails, reposition the components and repeat steps 1 through 3.
Device: mySentry, 523/723 (Revel)
To verify the monitor is successfully communicating with the pump and the outpost, go to the Network Status screen:
- Main Menu > View Network Status
Communication status is shown for the link between the monitor and the pump and the link between the monitor and the outpost. Empty, flashing bars indicate a communication problem.
|1, 2, or 3 Full Bars||3 Empty Bars||3 Empty & Flashing Bars|
|Monitor to Pump Status||Full communication||Lost or intermittent communication for 5 minutes||Lost or intermittent communication for over 10 minutes|
|Monitor to Outpost Status||Full communication||Lost communication for 5 minutes|
If communication is lost, a monitor alarm indicates whether the issue is with the pump or the outpost. Communication issues are typically resolved by moving the monitor closer to the outpost or placing the monitor or outpost in a different location.
If the communication is lost or intermittent between the monitor and the outpost, please try the following:
- Move the monitor closer to the outpost.
- If objects, such as ceilings, walls, thick walls, and solid metal doors, intervene between the monitor and the outpost, move the monitor and the outpost to a location with fewer objects in the way, if possible.
- Move the monitor away from electrical devices or appliances that may cause interference.
- Move the monitor or outpost away from cordless phones and WiFi devices, cell phones, and other radio frequency (RF) generating devices because they may cause interference.
Device: mySentry, 523/723 (Revel)
Once the mySentry system is linked to the pump, use the following examples as guidelines for positioning the system within your home.
Note: These scenarios are provided as guidelines only. Please confirm communication between the mySentry monitor and Paradigm REAL-Time Revel insulin pump in your home, in the location(s) where they will be most used.
The distance between the mySentry Monitor and Outpost can be up to 50 feet or greater in a normal household environment (due to walls and RF interference) and up to 100 feet when the components are in "line of sight" with minimal radio frequency (RF) interference. And, as long as the Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump is within 6 feet of the Outpost, data will appear on the mySentry Monitor.
In addition to the Outpost, or in place of the Outpost, the Monitor will receive information directly from the Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump. For this to occur, the Monitor must be within 6 feet of the insulin pump.